New Hampshire Driver Education Rules
Student/Parent Requirement and Refund Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality education for each student to keep them safe along with other roadway users.
I agree that my son/daughter will attend all classes and drive at all scheduled drive times. Students shall complete 30 hours of classroom instruction in 15 scheduled classroom sessions. Students shall complete 10 hours of behind the wheel instruction. The driving lessons are scheduled in 1 hour increments, no less. Students shall complete a minimum of 6 hours of in-car observation hours. If a student misses a classroom session, the student shall be assigned a 500-word essay for each chapter missed with a maximum of no more than 4 hours. A document must be signed by the parent stating the reason for missed class and must be turned into the instructor at the next class. The essay must be submitted at a date assigned by the instructor. All students must pass an eye chart examination 20/40 on the first day of class. All students must submit a copy of their birth certificate on or before the first day of class. Any student swearing, smoking, impaired by any means or disruptive is grounds for dismissal. In order to receive a certificate of completion of driver's education, you must successfully have completed 10 hours of behind the wheel driving and 6 hours of observation. All incomplete material must be finished within 6 months after the date class ended.
Tuition: Tuition is $875.00 per student.
Parent/Legal Guardian Involvement: At Bradford’s Driving School LLC, we value our partnership with you. The State of New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles requires that your son or daughter complete 40 hours of driving with a person over 25 years of age with a valid driver's license before your son/daughter receives their driver's license. We ask that you comply with this law.
The state of New Hampshire requires all driving schools to have the contract signed by the parent/legal guardian and a hardcopy on file at our office by the third class.
All Students must be at least 15 years 9 months on the first day of class.
All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable. A student may switch classroom sessions and apply that deposit up to one week prior to the start of class. This deposit will not be applied to any other student or sibling.
No reimbursement of tuition will be given upon completion of 1st class.
Quiz grades must be a minimum of 75%.
Final test must be a minimum of 75%.
- If your son/daughter has an IEP please provide us with a copy.
- If a student arrives to class more than 10 minutes late it will be counted as an absence.
- If a student arrives to their driving lesson more than 10 minutes late, misses their scheduled drive time, or cancels a drive time with less than 24 hours notice a $100.00 fee will be issued. No other drive times will be given until the fee is paid.
- A fee will be charged for students that are not picked up when their class/ driving lesson is over. Wait time: 1-15 minutes $25.00 16-30 minutes $50.00 31-45 minutes $75.00 46-60 minutes $100.00 and so on. Instructors have commitments to attend.
- The “Drive Right” book issued to the student must be returned prior to receiving their certificate of completion. If the book is lost, stolen or destroyed you must pay $100.00.
- Full tuition must be received by or on the first day of class.
- Prior to receiving a certificate of completion, any fees owed must be paid.
- Fees paid by checks will have a hold in place for 20-business days from the date of deposit before a certificate of completion will be released.
- Returned checks will be issued a fee of $35.00.
- Reissuance of certificate of completion $50.00.
- For the protection of the students and staff, video cameras including audio are in use in the classroom and vehicle. Surveillance footage is periodically monitored, and recorded 24/7. Surveillance camera footage is only accessible by law enforcement, the owner of Bradford’s Driving School and or designee and used for investigation purposes.
Grounds for Dismissal: If a student is removed from the program for the following reasons there will be no refund issued.
- Swearing, smoking, impaired by any means or disruptive.
- Cheating in any way or form will not be tolerated.
- Noncompliant with instructor, including lying.
- Use of cellphones/headphones.